Who is hiking the repeat JMT - 2012

Sunday, December 05, 2010

McClure Meadow
As part of completing my personal life list of hiking objectives and to honor the memory of our daughter Maren Louise Somers, I hiked the entire John Muir Trail in Sept 2010. Nancy hiked the first three days from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows with me. We buried some of Maren's ashes at Cloud's Rest near Half Dome in Yosemite NP. Nancy re-supplied me at Red's Meadow and I then continued south where I met my cousins Patrick, Laura, Sheila and their good friend Jeff. We all summited Mt. Whitney at 14,497' on Sept 23, 2010. I spread some of Maren's ashes to the winds from the summit of Mt. Whitney.
It was a challenging and exciting adventure. I met many nice people on the trail and we all had fun. I especially had a great time at Muir Trail Ranch and highly recommend it to any JMT hiker who can get a cabin there - wonderful food, company, and hot tubs....well worth the fees. Thanks to my cousins for bringing me a re-supply in over Kearsarge Pass to help me complete the last portion of the trail. I will likely repeat it again in the future - anyone want to join in a repeat?
Summit Trail to Mt. Whitney




No comments: